How To Cure Ulcerative Colitis Naturally
This article is about how to cure ulcerative colitis naturally. In 2010 I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and after 1 year of being housebound and shitting blood 30-40 times a day, I thankfully discovered a natural way to cure it.
I have been mostly symptom free for the last 7 years, however sometimes I have had a very slight flare up if I went through a period of intense emotional stress (breaking up with longterm girlfriend) or if I stopped following my protocol and go back to my old ‘bad ways’ (drinking too much alcohol). So according to this Oxford English dictionary definition I can safely say I am cured.
If you are someone who is suffering from ulcerative colitis right now and want to learn how to cure ulcerative colitis naturally without being dependent on medications long term, then you are in the right place.
In this article you will learn:
- What really causes ulcerative colitis.
- The big problem with the current conventional treatment for ulcerative colitis.
- How to cure ulcerative colitis naturally using my ‘Renegade gut protocol’
- How to prevent ulcerative colitis and other inflammatory bowel diseases naturally.
What Really Causes Ulcerative Colitis?
From my years of experience of having helped hundreds of people treat ulcerative colitis without being dependent on long term medications, I feel I have gained a good understanding of what causes ulcerative colitis, and how to cure ulcerative colitis naturally.
Most doctors will not question the conventional and somewhat vague medical reason, which I was told was ‘an autoimmune disease with no known cause’.
I asked my gastrointestinal consultant if she knew how to cure ulcerative colitis naturally, whether chronic stress was a cause, as I was in a very stressful career and I asked whether my diet that was high in gluten may be a trigger factor?
She said there was no proof for this and basically told me to shut up and keep taking the pills as they were the only approved treatment. I really wanted to know the true cause because with this knowledge I would then be able to figure out how to cure ulcerative colitis naturally, without being dependent on the medications that were making me feel much worse!
From deep personal introspection and by going back to my own ‘feeling’ for what causes ulcerative colitis in myself, I believe the main causes for most people are:
- Fear and the resulting chronic stress manifested as disease: The first time I got diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, I was working in the head office of one of the largest corporations in the world. I was promoted out of my community pharmacy job because I was very good at getting patients off long term medications and I had came up with a system based on my success to deliver vital health information to their customers through a ‘healthy shopping list system’. This idea was deemed ‘too renegade’ by the management and it was eventually abandoned. I had worked really hard to escape my mind numbing job as a pharmacist and now I was facing having to go back to that cubicle robot like existence one more. The overwhelming stress hit me like a lightening bolt and that manifested as ulcerative colitis.
- Ayurveda is the ancient Indian science of medicine that explains how to cure ulcerative colitis naturally using a system that focuses on fixing the root cause of disease. According to Ayurveda most chronic diseases are caused by a spiritual disturbance meaning that your soul has gone off its natural alignment and so disease occurs as a result. Your body will give clear warning signs before this happens so that you can treat them before they turn into a full blown disease. This feeling out of alignment could be due to an unconscious or conscious feeling that you are in a hostile negative environment (many peoples careers in the corporate world) or it may be that you are a highly creative person doing a mundane robotic job. Or it could be the fact you remain in a loveless relationship where you may be abused or bullied. If you neglect your health, ignore your own senses of what you intuitively feel to be right and wrong for you, and live out of your own natural rhythm, your body will eventually tell you to sort it out! The manifested disease will affect the organs that are weakest in your body according to your body and energy type. In my case it was the colon. In others it may manifest as heart disease or even cancer.
- Genetically you may be prone to ulcerative colitis as it may run in your family. However many people who have relatives with ulcerative colitis do not get ulcerative colitis and vice versa.
- Bad lifestyle choices, such as a highly refined diet full of factory made foods and consuming lots of alcohol (usually the result of chronic stress, fear, depression and just following the status quo) disrupts the gut microbiome which is a major component of the immune system of your gut. This leads to chronic inflammation and disease. Large doses of antibiotics can also disrupt the gut microbiome.
- Chronic stress and bad lifestyle choices affect the production of serotonin leading to low moods and depression. Majority of serotonin is produced in the gut and it is involved with the healthy functioning of your bowels.
The Big Problem With The Current Conventional Treatment For Ulcerative Colitis
Current conventional treatment does not focus on any of the causes and only targets symptoms.
Doctors do not believe that chronic stress and emotional imbalances could be a factor in triggering the disease. They also do not believe diet or lifestyle choices could be a cause. This is changing slowly however as more research proves otherwise. Most of the current medications for ulcerative colitis lead to negative side effects, especially the use of steroids long term. Surgery still does not solve the problem because if the causes are still present, disease will manifest in other areas of the body.
Do You Have A Depressed ‘Gut’?
Your gut is actually where the majority of serotonin is produced in your body, and lower than normal levels of serotonin is linked to depression.
Is this the mechanism for why inflammatory bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis are often triggered by periods of emotional stress?
An article from Scientific American states, the enteric nervous system uses more than 30 neurotransmitters, just like the brain, and in fact 95 percent of the body’s serotonin is found in the bowels. Because antidepressant medications called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) increase serotonin levels, it’s little wonder that meds meant to cause chemical changes in the mind often provoke GI issues as a side effect.
Irritable bowel syndrome which afflicts more than two million Americans also arises in part from too much or too little serotonin in our entrails, and could perhaps be regarded as a “mental illness” of the second brain.
The G.I society, an online publication reports: Scientific evidence strongly suggests that serotonin is one of the most important signalling molecules involved in the peristaltic reflex and that alterations in serotonin signalling may be responsible for IBS symptoms. Ninety-five percent of the serotonin found in the body resides in the gut.
In recent years, the discovery of new therapeutic targets capable of regulating serotonin levels and activity has made the pipeline for IBS very promising. By blocking or stimulating serotonin receptors in the gut, it is possible to treat abnormal bowel action in those afflicted with IBS.
One of these discovered by sheer accident is the anti-depressant, Tianeptine…
Tianeptine – The Little Known Anti-depressant That Does Wonder’s For Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
First marketed for depression in France in 1989, tianeptine is an approved antidepressant in more than 60 countries. The United States is not one of them.
Tianeptine is sold under the trade names Stablon, Coaxil, and others.
Tianeptine works differently in the brain to most antidepressants in the fact it acts on the mu opioid receptor, the target of morphine and oxycodone.
Jonathan Javitch, a study co-author and chief of molecular therapeutics at Columbia University states “This is the only current antidepressant that works through this mechanism.”
Irritable bowel syndrome is a common early symptom that sufferers of ulcerative colitis may get several years before they get the full blown autoimmune disease. I personally had symptoms that could clearly be described as irritable bowel.
However there is an all natural equivalent to Tianeptine that has a far wider range of positive health benefits with a history of thousands of years of traditional use as a plant medicine.
Kratom has been safely used in Thailand and Indonesia as a traditional remedy for stomach aches and diarrhoea for thousands of years.
Kratom has both opioid and psychostimulant-like subjective effects through its active ingredient, mitragynine that can act on the mu (μ), kappa (κ), and delta (δ) opioid receptors. However it is structurally different from morphine and other components from the opioid family.
Kratom is an herb with a natural tendency to slow the movement of food through our digestive tract. The mechanism may be linked to its activity on serotonin and opioid receptors. It can greatly relieve the urgency of bowel movements that ulcerative colitis sufferers have, meaning they can get back to normal social lives without fear of embarrassment of soiling their pants! Something I personally have been extremely familiar with in the past.
How To Cure Ulcerative Colitis Naturally Using My ‘Renegade Gut Protocol’
5 major components of the new and revised Renegade Gut Protocol are:
- Correct fuel (natural organic diet rich in essential oils, nutrients, proteins, and free from processed foods, gluten, sugar, alcohol)
- Good bacteria (probiotics)
- Heal leaky gut (colostrum)
- Treat gut ‘depression’ (kratom)
- Mindset/Stress Management
Follow these easy steps on how cure ulcerative colitis naturally:
- For the next 30 days eliminate all sugar, processed foods and gluten products from your diet completely. Eat a diet rich in essential fats and oils, nutrients and high quality protein, that is very low in starchy carbs. The specific carbohydrate diet, paleo or ketogenic diet are ways to follow this.
- Each morning on waking drink 4 cups of water (pure mineral water), 2 sachets of VSL3 and do not consume any solid foods for the next 1-2hrs. This helps rehydrate the body and soothe your digestive system.
- After 30mins – 1hr take two big tablespoons of colostrum. Allow it to absorb into your gums for 10-15 minutes, then swallow with water.
- For diet: follow the ketogenic, paleo or the specific carbohydrate diet depending on your preference. This is very low carb, moderate protein and high healthy fats and essential oils. Bone broth can be very beneficial for people with leaky gut and inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis.
- Use this smoothie recipe as a meal replacement: Renegade Smoothie
- Ensure you have high intake of essential oils. Options: 1) coconut oil. 2) Flaxseed or fish oil caps. 3) Hemp seed oil.
- Take a tablespoon of ayurvedic ghee daily.
- Make sure food is cooked with Ayurvedic Ghee or Coconut oil.
- Follow The Renegade Kratom Protocol here
- Do the extended exhalation exercise (pranayam), the aum meditation, and Bliss Breath for at least 5 minutes a day.
- Follow my sauna detox protocol (however do not use niacin until you are remission as it can irritate the gut lining)
- Take up yoga, meditation and relaxing music/sound therapy if possible to dramatically reduce the affects of stress.
- Take ashwaghanda, turmeric and any other stress relieving formulas or herbs.
- Use the time off work to focus on your passions or to find a new job that is less stress.
- Learn or focus doing creative arts and hobbies that you are passionate about and make you feel good.
I cannot guarantee this will help you, but it has helped me and many other people who have followed my advice fully ?
MOST IMPORTANT POINT OF ALL:
Do NOT, and I repeat DO NOT!! Focus on the negative stories on this forum or elsewhere, because if you do, that negative vibe will imprint on your mind, you will lose hope and get more stressed, which makes the condition worse.
Instead please seek out positive success stories and listen to people who got well like myself (sometimes your doctor can be your worse enemy as sadly their education is biased towards medication, and many do not continue doing research outside of work, as they are so overwhelmed with their day to day work, so they never learn about new more effective methods.
If you feel your doctor is being overly negative about trying holistic things, please send them my way, or get a second opinion. I am a qualified pharmacist and so know exactly how to handle them ?
If you are looking for extra help on how to cure ulcerative colitis naturally then please contact me via our support system.
Niraj aka The Renegade Pharmacist x