Moringa Oleifera is a fast-growing, drought-resistant tree with many health benefits and is native to the South Asian region.
Moringa benefits have been used for centuries in different parts of the east as traditional herbal medicine.
In today’s modern use of nootropics, it is consumed as a superfood as it is packed with nutrients. It is rich in antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals and also considered a complete rich protein, containing all nine essential amino acids your body needs.
Modern research suggests moringa can help with many health concerns such as high cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
In addition to the many moringa benefits, it is also used as an alternative medicine to alleviate headaches, ease constipation, stimulate the immune system, promote weight loss, and increase libido.
In this article, we’ll uncover the many ways moringa benefits your health thanks to its nutritional qualities and a wide range of medicinal uses.
What you will learn:
- What are the many Moringa benefits for your health and wellness?
- The medicinal uses and benefits of different parts of the Moringa tree.
- Where to buy high-quality Moringa products.
Medical Benefits of Moringa Oleifera Tree
Moringa benefits your health in many ways. Moringa is a great source of vitamins, protein, amino acids, beta-carotene, and different types of phenolics.
Different parts of moringa contain important minerals: the plant provides a rare and rich combination of quercetin, kaempferol, caffeoylquinic, beta-sitosterol, and zeatin.
Moringa works as a circulatory and cardiac stimulant. It contains antiulcer, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, antispasmodic, and antioxidant properties.
People have been using the Moringa tree to treat different medical conditions for hundreds of years. Alongside the cold exposure and fasting, this tree is considered to be a potent ingredient by both Indian traditional medical systems Ayurveda and Siddha.
People have been using the Moringa tree to treat different medical conditions for hundreds of years in addition to both Indian traditional medical systems Ayurveda and Siddha.
Moringa & Ayurveda
Moringa Oleifera is considered as one of the most useful and valuable plans in Ayurveda as every part of the tree can be used. Moringa tree parts have many uses according to Indian Ayurvedic medicine, such as aiding the childbirth process, acting as a natural antibiotic, and treating disorders of the liver, amongst many other functions.
Moringa & Siddha medicine
Siddha medicine is a traditional medicine system that originated in South India and Sri Lanka. According to Siddha, moringa benefits sexual performance in both men and women. The drumstick seeds are frequently used for treating erectile dysfunction.
If you want to try Moringa for any of the remedies it is used for, you can buy from high-quality Moringa products here.
Moringa Oleifera Leaves Medicinal Benefits and Uses
- Moringa leaves rubbed against either of your temples may relieve headaches.
- Apply moringa to insect bites or wounds for anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.
- Apply a poultice of fresh Moringa leaves to stop bleeding from grazes and small cuts.
- Moringa leaf tea or dried moringa leaves effectively treats diarrhea and gastric ulcers.
- Moringa leaves treat bronchitis, fevers, ear and eye infections, and painful mucous membrane inflammation.
- Moringa benefits your blood health thanks to the high iron content of the leaves.
- Moringa seeds and moringa seed powder can be used for common bacterial infections and problems of the skin.
The Different Medicinal Benefits and Uses Of Moringa
Moringa Oleifera Flowers
- Moringa flower juice generally improves the flow and quality of the milk of a breastfeeding mother.
- Moringa flower juice encourages urination and useful for urinary problems.
- As a cold remedy, villagers in Haiti drink tea made from moringa flowers.
Moringa Oleifera Pods
- Due to high fiber content and protein, pods can play a vital role in treating malnutrition.
- Pods treat liver and work as a de-wormer if eaten them raw and cure pains and spleen problems of the affected joints.
Moringa Oleifera Seeds
- Moringa seeds are useful for their anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties to treat rheumatism, arthritis, gout, sexually transmitted diseases, and cramp. These seeds are roasted and pounded properly and applied to the affected area mixing with coconut oil. For similar ailments, many people use seed oil.
- The seeds can be used as a special relaxant for common epilepsy.
- Oil can and roasted seeds encourage urination.
- Moringa seeds are highly effective against Pseudomonas aeruginosa and skin-infecting Staphylococcus aureus (bacteria). They also contain fungicide terygospermin and potent antibiotics.
Moringa Oleifera Bark, Roots, and Gum
The bark and the roots are more concentrated as well as they have most of the properties mentioned above. If they are used as medicines, extra care should be taken.
- The bark and roots are used for circulatory and cardiac problems, for inflammation and as a tonic. The bark is truly digestive and an appetizer as well.
- In India and Senegal, roots are nicely pounded and properly mixed with normal salt for making a poultice for the treatment of articular and rheumatism, kidney or lower back pains.
- The gum is abortifacient, astringent and diuretic, which is used against a common problem, asthma.
Moringa Oleifera Oil
- Moringa oil also used for scurvy, bladder and prostate problems.
- Moringa oil is also known to treat stomach disorders by the villagers of Oman.
- It’s also used as hair oil and perfume.
If you are looking to buy Moringa Oleifera supplements and explore it’s benefits yourself, then Green Virgin Products has some of the purest quality Moringa products you can get.